Advertisements are the best way to promote services or products. While watching your favorite video, an advertisement comes up and it breaks the flow of what you are watching. The frequent popping of ads between the videos irritates us but it might be beneficial for someone.
What are Youtube Ads?
YouTube is a great marketing and branding tool. The advertisements that appear on YouTube videos that you view are customised to your preferences. They’re determined by your Google Ad Settings, the videos you’ve seen, and whether or not you’re logged in.
Why are YouTube Ads needed?
Nowadays online streaming platforms are very popular. People worldwide spend a considerable amount of time surfing videos online. YouTube ads are the most efficient way to promote your brand.
Types of YouTube ads
Non Skippable video ads
Before continuing to watch a YouTube video, you must first watch these commercials. Video commercials that are not skippable can last up to 30 seconds.
TrueView Skippable ads
TrueView skippable video advertisements provide viewers with the option of skipping advertising after 5 seconds.
These advertisements show above the video suggestion list and to the right of the featured video. Except for the homepage, display advertisements are allowed to appear throughout all parts of YouTube.
They’re a translucent ad that displays in the lower-left corner of your video. Only desktop and laptop machines are affected by this ad type. The ad can also be exited at any moment by the viewer.
Whatever the type of ads you see, they are shown according to the Google advertisement setting. Something you searched for or ever signed up for, related ads are shown.
Advantages of YouTube ads
YouTube can act as a part of your marketing strategy. It is cost-effective and helps you build your brand. Some advantages of YouTube ads are:
- YouTube has an immensely large engagement with people. Every day thousands of people watch YouTube videos. Advertising your content on YouTube will benefit from reaching more audiences on a worldwide platform.
- YouTube is a platform where the viewer is bound to watch the advertisement. Even if they skip after 5 sec, a glance at the advertisement is sometimes enough.
- Different advertisement formats on YouTube help in reaching advertisement goals.
- People also share videos, this also promotes the advertisement. This phenomenon gives more exposure to your advertisement.
- Video ads are more impactful, as people tend to remember the visual activities more.
Disadvantages of YouTube ads
- You can not control the advertising over YouTube. Sometimes the advertisement shown along with the video is completely out of context and irrelevant.
- Skippable ads reduce engagement. When viewer watches a video online they get offended by the frequent popping of advertisements and they are more likely to skip those ads.
Role of YouTube view
Youtube views always help in more engagement. The more the views the more is engagement. Many times the videos are left unnoticed and do not get the number of views they should get. Many sites provide YouTube views. Buzzvoice is the best YouTube views site. It helps you boost your video and increase engagement.
YouTube video advertisements act as a great marketing strategy. There are various advertisement formats available to help you. Everything has some good and bad in it, so we have tried to cover a few points here. YouTube views also help in the engagement of the video.