The inner ear is impacted by Meniere’s disease, which therefore has an impact on your equilibrium. Dealing with it may be frustrating. Tinnitus, a ringing or roaring noise in the ears, vertigo, the sense that you or the environment is spinning, and transient hearing loss, which can become permanent if left untreated, are typical symptoms. Meniere’s illness might strike at any time. It can have varying degrees of impact on individuals, appear and go, and its intensity and duration are entirely unexpected. Some people only find it somewhat unpleasant and can carry on with their daily activities. Some people find it completely incapacitating, and as a result of the excess fluid in the inner ear, it finally causes utter deafness.
Things to Try at Home to Lessen Meniere’s Disease Symptoms
Here are some home remedies you may use to lessen the frequency and severity of Meniere’s illness.
- Follow a low-sodium diet: This is Meniere’s disease treatment strategy most frequently suggested. It has to do with the body’s ability to regulate its salt levels and how that affects inflammation, a significant cause of this disorder. By consuming less salt, you can avoid an increase in the quantity of fluid your body retains.
- Balance your protein and carb consumption. Because carbohydrates are converted to simple sugars raises your blood insulin levels. Protein controls the body’s production of glucagon and the amount of insulin present. Controlling your insulin helps you manage this aggravating condition.
- Drink a lot of water – This might seem counterintuitive considering that Meniere’s is caused by excess fluid in the inner ear. However, if a virus, pathogen, or bacteria is to blame for the condition, drinking lots of water will help the body flush these things out. Maintaining a healthy balance of water in your body will enable you to assist it in eliminating extra salt through urine. Additionally, toxins are eliminated.
- Avoid meals that cause inflammation, such as those that are difficult to digest or resemble allergic compounds. If you have Meniere’s illness, mild, readily digestible meals are a suitable choice.
- Avoid MSG and sugar substitutes since Meniere’s illness has been linked to both. Healthy, natural food is devoid of them. However, they might be challenging to avoid if you buy a lot of processed food.
- Avoid cigarettes and coffee since they are both stimulants. Consequently, they both make the symptoms worse. For instance, caffeine and nicotine both lengthen the duration of your hearing loss, make your vertigo more acute, and raise the level of tinnitus. In any case, stay away from these.
Meniere’s Disease with Upper Cervical Chiropractic Treatment
Every time someone learns about an alternative method of treating a medical ailment, they want to know if it is effective. One hundred thirty-nine people with Meniere’s illness were the subject of a case study. They were all determined to have a misplaced vertebra on the top of their necks, and an upper cervical chiropractor gave each an adjustment designed explicitly for them. One hundred thirty-six of them had a significant improvement in their symptoms. Some of them said their Meniere’s completely vanished.